Cloud Computing, Internet Datacenters and Big Data Business Intelligence from China


China’s Letv.com, Tudou.com Set Up Internet Video JV

Chinese Internet video website Tudou.com has announced that it has created a joint venture with another Internet video website, Letv.com, in Shanghai.

The newly established JV will be engaged in the purchase of licensed films and TV series.

Under the agreement signed by the two parties, Letv.com will reportedly hold a 51% stake in the JV and Tudou.com will hold the remaining 49%. Meanwhile, Letv.com and Tudou.com will invest CNY510,000 and CNY490,000, respectively, in cash.

The two parties will reportedly evaluate the purchased video contents in accordance to their quality and the preference of audiences. The JV will purchase the exclusive licenses for most of the video content and resell the license to other websites.

The board of directors of the new company will be formed by two directors from Letv.com and two from Tudou.com. The chairman will be assigned by Tudou.com and deputy chairman assigned by Letv.com. The term of office of directors is three years and they can seek re-election. The operation and management organization of the JV is responsible for the daily operation and the organization will have one general manager who will be recommended by Letv.com. The term of office of the general manager is also three years.

Wang Xiangyun, chief operating officer of Tudou.com, said that with this strategic joint operation, the company will gain a powerful partner. The joint investment is expected to increase the two parties’ licensed video resources in a cost-effective way.

Liu Hong, chief operating officer of Letv.com, said the new JV will play advantages of Tudou.com and Letv.com to enrich the video contents supply of both websites.

Share this news:

Be the first to comment on "China’s Letv.com, Tudou.com Set Up Internet Video JV"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*




  Other China News

ChinaTechNews.com:

Nokia Phone Returns To China Via Exclusive JD.com Sales Channel

Artificial Intelligence Experts Join Sinovation Ventures

Apple's Struggles Drop Foxconn's Revenue 2.81% In 2016

Artificial Intelligence Guru Finds Search Engine Baidu


GreenChinaTech:

Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturer Lands USA Deal

American Electric Car Manufacturer To Build In China

U.S. Clean Water Company Makes Chinese Inroads

GE Will Promote Wind Power Through New Chinese Education Center


ChinaSourcingNews.com:

JD To Build Global Logistics Headquarters In Xi'an

Wumart, AGS Sign Agreement For Seafood Direct Procurement

India Gains Second Factory From China's Xiaomi

85% of Indian Staff To Lose Jobs At China's LeEco